If I Suffer From Abandonment Issues, Which Book On Abandonment Issues Should I Buy?
Written By: Mark Smith
'MANAGING ABANDONMENT ISSUES THROUGH RECOVERY' OR 'THE JOURNEY FROM ABANDONMENT TO HEALING'???
If you are searching for some answers online to your urgent, severe Abandonment Issue pain and you are currently shifting through various products that purport to offer help, direction, insight and relief then please allow me to give you valuable insider information. I understand that I am the author of one of the books and thus might be seen as having a bias, but hear me out, as I am actually an adovocate of both books. I am going to attempt to give you a non-biased 'Consumer Reports' type breakdown of the strengths, merits, value and weaknesses of both books. I want for you to get the help that you are looking for. If that means that ' The Journey From Abandonment To Healing' is the book for you then I want for you to purchase it instead of mine.
I am a huge fan of Susan Anderson, the author of classic, gold standard book on Abandonment Issues, 'The Journey From Abandonment To Healing'. I have great respect for her work. We have sold thousands of her books through our Indianapolis counseling office. She had her book published the old fashioned way all the way back in 2000. She is an excellent, talented writer. Her focus on brain research was a decade ahead of her time. Her deep and sincere caring for her clients and her readers comes across with every word. I love that she had the humility, the courage and the openess to share her own story and struggles with Abandonment Issues. Bravo! Her book normalizes Abandonment pain, reframes it in a very positive, proactive and healing light, gives great clinical examples, encourages community and offers solid hope and direction.
Having said all those true and wonderful things about the book, I need to caution you that while you should definitely read it, it may not be the first book that you want to read on the topic. When I think about Abandonment Issues I think about the day to day 'Crazy Dance' of hurt feelings, misunderstandings, reactivity, ugly fights, over reactions, inner spirialing, irrationality, projections and all the 'War of The Roses' goofiness that goes on BETWEEN A COUPLE STILL IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH EACH OTHER. That is NOT AT ALL the audience addressed or the topic covered in 'The Journey From Abandonment To Healing'. It is primarily written from people who have just been brutally abandoned by a significant other and are in major crisis about that. If that describes your situation then here is a link to Amazon.com for you to purchase 'The Journey From Abandonment To Healing'. You can get a used copy for $10.88 and the postage will cost you $3.99 bringing the total to $14.87. Or you can download the Kindle edition for $12.99 at ' The Journey From Abandonment To Healing' (Kindle Edition) On the cover Rabbi Harold Kushner, author of the bestselling book 'Why Bad Things Happen To Good People' is quoted as saying "If there is a pill to cure the heartbreak of rejection, this book may be it." If you just got left behind in a hurtful, shocking, shattering, ruthless manner then the first and best book that you need to purchase is 'The Journey From Abandonment To Healing'. It will help you a lot.
For the rest of you struggling with intense, hurtful, out of control Abandonment reactions in your current relationship, though, the best book to read first for your situation is definitely my E-book 'Managing Abandonment Issues Through Recovery'. While my book is the new kid on the block (released 10-4-12), its links are very highly ranked and respected on Google under many search terms including 'Abandonment Issue Recovery', as you can see yourself.
You can learn everything there is to know about myself and the book by visiting http://www.familytreecounseling.com/ebooks.php?eID=2
Included on that page are links to the following...
- A national radio interview discussing the book with 'Coach Carol'
- 7 Videos I recorded about Abandonment issues
- 3 Articles that I wrote about Abandonment Issues
- A dozen testimonials about my writing and my work as a therapist
- My bio and links to additional videos
- A description of the book
- An offer of two additional FREE Mark Smith E-books and the opportunity to read the first chapter of 'Managing Abandonment Issues Through Recovery' for FREE for joining our email list
You will find all the research material that you'll need to understand who I am and what the book can offer you on the page about the book. Here are 8 unique qualities 'Managing Abandonment Issues Through Recovery' offers...
1. A gritty, practical, in depth, no holds barred study of 20 couples suffering mightily from severe, day to day
abandonment issues in their relationship.
2. Abandonment issues are clearly defined and many powerful clinical examples are used to describe typical, real life, out of control behaviors.
3. A gut wrenching discussion of the author's own torturous struggles with abandonment issues and relationship addiction.
4. Intensive focus on the Recovery process and how to get and stay healthier.
5. Written in Mark Smith's popular, folksy, informal, jolting, humorous, insightful style.
6. Powerful, jarring, beautiful images that tell the emotional story of the book with a thousand unwritten words.
7. Written by one of the world's foremost experts on abandonment issues.
8. The creative added learning value of over 46 live links to life-changing multimedia podcasts, articles, Blogs, videos by Family Tree Counseling Associates Staff, movie scenes, music videos, etc. that greatly enhance the experience of the book.
'Managing Abandonment Issues Through Recovery' is priced at $14.95 and it is only available at http://www.familytreecounseling.com/ebooks.php?eID=2
So the answer to your question about which book to buy? Buy them both. Both books have a lot to offer you. Start with 'The Journey From Abandonment To Healing' if you have just been abandoned by a significant other or you are stuck in your grieving process having been abandoned some time ago. Start with 'Managing Abandonment Through Recovery' if your issues center around day to day over reactions to real or imagined distancing by your significant other or even by others in your life. Together these books will give you the direction, insight, hope and tools to manage and to heal your painful abandonment issues.
If you join our confidential, inspirational list below today we will give you 3 FREE gifts (a $20.00+ value)
FREE E-BOOK BONUS... 'The BASICS For A Healthy Life And Marriage'
E-BOOK BONUS... 'Startling Insight Into The Healing Powers Of Marriage'
3RD FREE BONUS GIFT... Read The First Chapter Of 'Managing Abandonment Issues Through Recovery'
|JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST NOW TO GET 3 FREE GIFTS, INSIGHTFUL BLOGS, ARTICLES, PODCASTS AND VIDEOS